Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ugh

It has been raining really hard nonstop since last night. We have found some problems with our basement and a few spots where water is leaking in from outside. Nothing is flooded yet, but what a headache! We've gotten a lot of use out of our shop vac and I was hoping to never use that thing. I'm not sure if this was a problem for the last owner because he didn't disclose any problems, but the ground is so saturated that water is just coming up from the lower sections of the walls and from one window in particular. I guess this is what I get for buying an older home. We are having to go out there hourly to clear out gallons of water from the area outside of the window and it is only getting worse. Andy is already saying he can stay home on Thanksgiving to vacuum and my stomach is cramping up thinking about that. Hopefully things will get better in the next day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment